Overview Description: City of Hue is perhaps best known for its historic monuments, which have earned it a place in the UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. The seat of the Nguyen emperors was in the Thành Nội – Citadel on the north side of the river. Along the Hương river, there lies tombs of several emperors such as Minh Mang, Khai Dinh, Tu Duc, and others, as well as the notable pagoda of Thien Mu which is iconic landmark of Hue city.
Start this full day tour by visiting Tomb of Emperor Khai Dinh, which features some modern European architectural design into traditional oriental style. Then to Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc – which was built between 1864 to 1867 by 3000 soldiers and workers. It includes 50 monuments surrounded by a 1500 meters long wall and cover an area of 12 ha. Depart to visit Tu Hieu pagoda, the most beautiful pagoda crowned on top of a hill in Hue countryside. The next destination before getting back to city centre is a handicraft village renowned for its conical hat making tradition. Hue conical hat is specially called “poem hat” as it is very delicate and refined in decorations, a perfect local souvenir of Hue. Hearing stories of local people to learn more about their daily life. Return the city centre for lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, take a boat trip along the poetic Huong River, watching the river life and peaceful scenery along the banks. Stop en route to visit the iconic Thien Mu pagoda which is the symbol of Hue, and Minh Mang Tomb – one of Hue’s finest royal tombs, an architectural complex of 40 constructions (palaces, temples, pavillons, etc.). Return the harbor in city center at around 17h00.
Duration: 08 hours
- For group of 15 pax up, please inform us to have a better price.
- Things you should take along: Long sleeve clothes, hat or umbrella, sunscreen, cash.
- English/ Mandarin speaking guide/
- Entrance fee & boat fee
- Mineral water provided: 1 bottle of mineral water (500 ml) per pax per tour day
- Optional tours
- Travel insurance, Visa fee, Airfare & airport taxes
- Personal expenses such as drinks, telephone, souvenirs and laundry etc, Others which are not mentioned in the inclusion
- Child under 5 years old: FOC. No meal is provided. Clients must pay entrance fee for this child.
- Child 6-under 09 years old: 80% of adult cost
- Child 10 years old and above: 100% of adult cost